Equal basic liberties
Freedom of speech, freedom of assembly and freedom of liberty
only those social and Economic inequality is only allowed that work to the benefit to the least well-off
The distribution of income and wealth and opportunity should not based on morally arbitrary factors
The arbitrary distribution of income and wealth and opportunity should not influence the starting point
John Rawls: the fairness system should go beyond the Meritocratic system
::Change the terms on which people are entitle the fruits of the exercise of those talents::
People may benefits their fortunes but only works to the benefit to the least well-off
Even the efforts can be arbitrary based on the family circumstance from which we can claim no credits for
- What about incentives?
- What about effort and moral desert?
- We can claim credit from family circumstances
- You don’t really believe in effort is the basis of moral desert but rather the contribution the basis of moral desert
- What about self-ownership?
::Distributive justice is not a matter of Moral desert but rather Entitlements::
We are entitled to the benefits for the exercise of our talents, but it is mistake and conceit to suppose that we deserve in a society that values and prize the talents we happened to have
Two morality at stake
- The problem about effort and moral desert?
- I live in a society that happens to prize my talent